Facilities and Health & Safety Manager
Up to £45,000 Depending on Experience + excellent benefits Inc. Bonus and Private health care
Based at our Head Office in Milton Keynes
Domino's Pizza is recognised as the UK’s favourite pizza company. Its expertise and passion for delivering fresh handmade pizzas has earned us numerous awards and the loyalty of millions of pizza lovers nationwide.
Being a FTSE top 250 brand, Domino's Pizza Group holds the exclusive master franchise to own, operate and franchise Domino's stores in the UK, Republic of Ireland, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, and Luxembourg. Additionally, it owns a strategic stake in the largest pizza delivery business in Germany and is the holder of the Domino's master franchises in Iceland, Norway, and Sweden.
We are currently seeking a Facilities and Health & Safety Manager to manage all soft Facilities for the business and to deliver the H&S service that Domino's Pizza Group offers to all its franchisees, assisting them to comply with their statutory duties. The requirement for this role is to establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety are adhered to. Support will also be provided to the Head of HSE as required. Provide day–to-day supervision of the Facilities Assistant and maintaining compliance with facilities budgetary levels.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Franchisee Support (Stores)
- Regularly review and update the store H&S support package to ensure legal compliance
- Provide guidance on policies, procedures, rules and regulations to enable Franchisees to be legally compliant
- Provide professional and accurate advice to subscribed Franchisees to ensure the H&S advice provides franchisees to manage a safe working environment without risk to health and value for money
- Establish and maintain robust safety management system for subscribed stores, in line with DPG policy and procedures.
- Deliver solutions for all aspects of the security management including providing front line support through the incident hotline.
DPG (Head Office and Supply Chain Sites)
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained.
- Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks.
- Establish a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the Company.
- Liaise with external health & safety consultants in the provision of training programmes and health and safety services.
- Liaise with the Group Engineering Manager to supervise the day to day budget for the facilities department and provide regular analysis of cost effectiveness to the Head of HSE and Facilities
- Identify opportunities to improve, expand or deliver cost efficiencies to senior management in respect of the companies’ property portfolio
Developing Self and Others
- Direct responsibility for the line management and personal development of the Facilities Specialist
- Ensure direct line reports and all team members have comprehensive personal development plans, linked to their individual objectives
- Develop a strong sense of co-operation and teamwork with a focus on common business goals and KPIs
- Carry out Personal Development Reviews with direct reports at least bi-annually
- Maintain a working knowledge of all of the businesses within the Domino’s Group
- Ensure customer-centric focus and high levels of service (internal & external)
- Operate in the role according to Domino’s Values and lead by example
- Continue to develop own talents and strengths and address any areas of self-development
Skills and aptitudes required for the role
- Pro-active by nature, possessing a can-do approach
- Flexible and able to prioritise workload
- Attention to detail and maintaining accurate records
- Able to provide robust professional advice & guidance
- Able to share best practice and challenge the norm
Experience required for the role
- Competent in the use of IT tools including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Managing budgets and auditing system compliance
- Up-to-date knowledge of H&S law
- Managing a team
- Achieving cost effective facilities management services across another business
- Recognised competence in Facilities Management i.e. BIFM Level 4 qualification
- A minimum of IOSH training, ideally NEBOSH general certificate
In return Domino’s provides the opportunity to develop skills and experience with a market leading brand along with a competitive salary and excellent benefits such as a company pension, private medical and dental, discretionary bonus, free parking and of course – discounted pizza!