Head of Health, Safety and Facilities (UK and Ireland)
Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits Inc. Bonus and Private health care
Based at our Head Office in Milton Keynes
Domino's Pizza is recognised as the UK’s favourite pizza company. Its expertise and passion for delivering fresh handmade pizzas has earned us numerous awards and the loyalty of millions of pizza lovers nationwide.
Being a FTSE top 250 brand, Domino's Pizza Group holds the exclusive master franchise to own, operate and franchise Domino's stores in the UK, Republic of Ireland, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, and Luxembourg. Additionally, it owns a strategic stake in the largest pizza delivery business in Germany and is the holder of the Domino's master franchises in Iceland, Norway, and Sweden.
We are currently seeking a Head of Health, Safety and Facilities (UK and Ireland). This is a leadership role with responsibility for developing Health, Safety & Environmental standards and ensuring that they are embedded within the organisation. You will be responsible for setting the strategic framework, the management of these standards and defining and delivering against objectives that enable both the achievement of these standards and continuous improvement.
You will take the lead for the provision of technical guidance on all Health, Safety & Environmental matters, identifying and advising on current and future requirements and ensuring that systems, policies and processes are in place to support the continuing development of a HSE culture across the organisation.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- To act as the organisation’s lead competent person for Health and Safety as defined by the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
- Set the strategic framework for the management of Health, Safety & Environmental standards, engaging stakeholders across the business to ensure that these standards are understood and embedded.
- Develop, review and monitor HSE objectives and targets across the organisation. Align the same with the annual People Plan
- Provide guidance and advice to the UK Leadership Team to ensure that the organisation complies with statutory obligations and best practice.
- Provide coaching, specialist advice and practical support on all HSE matters and in particular the Supply Chain Director
- Implement and oversee HSE committees.
- Keep abreast with new HSE legislation and best practice developments that may affect the organisation, ensuring that when necessary, policies, procedures and processes are appropriately updated.
- Responsible for the periodic Group HSE performance reports, including the Board Pack and HSE Dashboard.
- Working with the Learning & Development Manager and HRBP’s, assist in the identification of HSE training needs for employees across the organisation.
- Facilitate safety review panels and assist others to investigate accidents. Ensure the effective management of corrective actions, reporting internally and externally as required. Ensure the effective identification and communication of lessons learned.
- As per the health and safety framework, implement and maintain effective management systems including risk assessments, SOPS and audit processes
- Drive culture of continuous improvement ensuring agreed departmental targets are achieved and exceeded whilst managing costs and performance in line with budgets and mitigating variances
- Effective Project Management, as and when required to be delivered on time and within budget, to add value to the effectiveness of Health and Safety across the broader business
- Comprehensive understanding of HSE legislation, guidance and best practice.
- A good understanding of what constitutes best practice in the implementation of a pragmatic HSE management system
- understanding of working to ISO accreditation
- Strong IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft programmes manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of the unique demands of supporting a Franchised business model would be useful
- Familiar with good safe working practices, in particular within warehouse and transport operations
- Familiar with Hygiene procedures, standards and equipment in the chilled food industry
- A minimum of NEBOSH General Certificate, ideally Diploma level
- Membership of IOSH
- Educated to degree level or equivalent management experience
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach, able to build and maintain good collaborative and trusted internal and external relationships
- Strong coaching capabilities at all levels, continuously developing coaching capability in others to ensure correct reporting, investigation and follow up by line managers in all health and safety related matters
- Exceptional time management, organised and ability to plan and prioritise in a fast-paced environment
- Confident with the ability to challenge existing practices at all levels and manage change, with both a strategic and pragmatic approach
- Ability to identify, evaluate, balance and proactively manage risks arising from any conflicts between commercial pressures and regulatory requirements
- Problem solve and ability to make quick decisions using sound judgement, removing complexity and uncertainty for others
- Excellent attention to detail and a determination to succeed over the long term
- Passionate and energised team player embracing the opportunity to work collaboratively, building trusted relationships with broader diverse teams
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with ability to engage at all levels.
In return Domino’s provides the opportunity to develop skills and experience with a market leading brand along with a competitive salary and excellent benefits such as a company pension, private medical and dental, discretionary bonus, free parking and of course – discounted pizza!